Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nokia Caught Us....

Well as seen below in my "How to Unbrand your Cingular E62" post, several people have commented that they could not see the "reinstall" option on the Nokia Software Updater. I thought this was a little weird since the re-flash process was so incredibly easy when I did it. So I did a little research and unfortunately, it appears Nokia caught on to the little trick thats been floating around the net. They made a change to their updater that does NOT let you resintall firmware on your phone. This is a shame cause now people will have to wait that much longer for an actual fix to the lovely Cingular Java problems.

So to those that have run into this new problem I am truly sorry. Hold in there though because there are plenty of folks that have the E62 and its only a matter of time before it gets cracked again.

Patience is a virtue ;)

No comments: